Apr 19, 2011

Maybelline SuperStay/ L'Oreal Eye Shadow

Here is one of the things you can get by being a BzzAgent.  You can review products and then write about it. Click on the icon on the left if you are interested.  Here is the review for these $10 each lipsticks.



I received four different colors for free from being a Bzz Agent, from Maybelline SuperStay.  I had never really paid attention to it before because I don't really wear lipstick, except on Sundays, maybe.  I wasn't super excited at the color choice they sent me, they looked rather dark for my style.  I am very surprised that all those colors are actually really nice, and not too much for me.  It is easy to put on, and really contours your lips where you wouldn't need a  lip crayon at all.  I gave it 4 stars because I don't especially like the dry feeling you experience once the first coat is on.  If you're a busy person, you might get distracted and forget to put the clear coat on and ending up with dry lips, that you can't even smack together! However, when I did forget, I was able to apply pretty much any other lipgloss over it and still keep the same effect.  I do like the clear coat that makes your lips shine.
You can really do anything with the lipstick on, including kissing! It does not smear on your baby's cheeks or your hubby's lips, really!
The reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is also because I don't believe it's quite 24 hours!  I admit that some mornings, when I'd wipe my lips really well on a napkin, I could still get some color out, but nothing that was noticealbe on my actuall lips. It does last a long time, all day even, which is a great plus for someone like me who doesn't ever reapply make up during the day.  I'm not sure I'd spend the $10 for it, it seems a bit pricey for a Maybelline Lip gloss, but again, it also seems to be right along the prices of comparable brands. I'm just cheap!

Now onto another product I got from Bzzagent. 
L'Oreal One Sweep Eye Shadow and Illuminator Mascara



I got both products in the mail.  I hadn't hear of the illuminator mascara before, but I was soooo excited to get the one sweep eye shadow.  However, I was dissappointed by it!  The effect is very very subbtile, you can't even tell it's on.  I got the one for green eyes, I think, which is perfect. But I sometimes have to redo the dark bottom part with an extra coat.  I've seen Almay with the same idea but three seperate shadow, I think it might be better so that you can decide how heavy or light you go.  However, it's very easy and I used it all the time. I'm not a big make up person, but I do wear eye make up everyday.  I'd give the shadow a 3 stars.
However, the Mascara was a 5 stars!!! I was skeptical when I saw that the wand wasn't curved, I didn't think I'd get good results, but it is really great. It does make your eyelashes curve and think and long.  The illuminator part it fun, you have to apply quite a bit for it to be noticeable, but it's cute.  The one downside of the illumination: you see stars yourself!  Once in a while, you see a little sparkle, and no, you're not fainting, it's your mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment