Apr 15, 2011

CVS Trip 4/14, saved 85%

Make sure you scan your card before you shop. Mine printed an extra 5EB and .25off M&Ms which I needed.
I thus started with 8.99 EB from last time, plus 5EB printed, plus $5 off $30 with email.  Sign up with CVS to receive some perks with Extra Care cards. You'll receive a $4 off $20 through Email just for signing up. 
Here is something to consider when you get all your "freebies": you still pay taxes on everything!
Yesterday, I had spent $13.00 on all that stuff...but was charged tax on full price, so $6.00. So if you think about it, it's almost 50% tax!  So when I see free toothpaste, I pass lately, because I have enough and I know that I'll end up paying .30cents or so on tax on my free toothpaste, which ultimately might end up in the trash or smeared across someones car (prank?).  However, for food, there is no or very little tax, so I don't pass on that.
So I spent $19 and earned $17EB for my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment